Travel Tips for Islands of Adventure

Hi! So I've been in Florida, visiting family, and we went to Islands of Adventure, Orlando. I learned a few things and I'd like to share them with you!

1. Bring extra clothes.
My Aunt did this and she was glad! I went on Ripsaw Falls and Jurassic Park River Adventure, both very fun rides, but I got soaked. Be warned-it doesn't matter where you sit. You will be soaked. Ripsaw Falls, by the way, is the wettest. After I was drenched, it randomly sprayed me with more water.

2. Prepare for the weather.
Luckily, I did! It can be very hot, but it can also be rainy. We went a few years ago and it was pouring. Check the forecasts before you go, or be prepared for spending extra money in the gift shop. Speaking of which:

3. Don't feel like you have to buy something.
I know, I know, you want to buy robes at Harry Potter World! Well, do you know how expensive those are? Everything at Islands of Adventure is expensive! There was a deathly hallows necklace for $50! Try Amazon instead, or save up money. Trust me-it's not worth it.

4. Check the line wait.
This is kind of obvious, but sometimes it's better to just go on a different ride when the wait is 60 minutes or something. Go places early-when we got in, the line for the Hulk was like 5 minutes! Also, don't worry if you have a small child. You can actually get through lines faster and go on a ride twice in a row without a wait if you want a turn after watching your kid. Awesome, right?

5. Have fun!
If you're going to spend the money to get in there, do what you want! Don't be afraid to try new and scary-looking rides. Dragon Quest/Dueling with Dragons is one, for example, that looks very scary, but isn't. Also, don't be scared to get wet on Ripsaw Falls, or to be attacked by villains on the Amazing Spider Man. On the other hand, if you don't want to do the Hulk, it's OK to sit out! Just have fun-after all, that's why it was made!

I hope this helps you have a better experience at Islands of Adventure!

Signing off,
Ilse the Adventurer

Comments

  1. That sounds so fun! Kinda like bush gardens or Europa park! Since my friend is in Florida I'll have to tell her about this, she'd be really interested. This advice goes for a lot of amusement parks. Awesome advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kjersti!! How's Utah/I'm not sure where you live now? Virginia?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Visit From St. Nicholas: 2017 Edition

5 Types of OTPs

What's in a name?