Love Letter to a Rutabaga

Hey guys! I know I just posted...twice...but I have something I need to share with you.
It is a love letter to a rutabaga.

To be fair, I have never actually eaten a rutabaga. I actually have only seen them in pictures. And, no, this letter isn't exactly to an inanimate food...and it's not from me. I will try to resist the urge to edit as I type. That is all I have to say.

Most Sweetest of Rutabagas-
O pillar of vegetables! O Queen of turnips! How thy mere glance sends tremors through my soul! How do I begin this letter? this ode to thy beauty and purpleness?
O, Rutabaga. Lovely, perfect rutabaga. I am thy servant through harvest and drought. Do I forget my place in my haste to please you? If so, I beg your healthy, Vitamin C-filled pardon.
Do I forget my place entirely once more, as a U.S. citizen, to call you Swede? It is a lovely name. Rutabaga, Swede, it matters not. It only matters that I love you more than any other vegetable-more than any other fiber source-more than any other food!
Dearest Rutabaga, do you return my feelings? May it be so, and may your taste ever be nutty and sweet.
Love and Passion Evermore,
Ernest

NOTE: Outside the U.S., rutabagas are called swedes.

Comments

  1. Omg, that's hilarious. XD I have no idea what a Rutabagas or a swede is?!? I wonder if we call them something else in Australia... :P

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your blog is awesome, by the way. All I know is that rutabagas are similar to turnips and kind of purple.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Types of OTPs

What's in a name?

Beautiful People| Emma/ Hester/ Dandelion