Beautiful People

First things first: I have decided to start doing Beautiful People, a linkup hosted by the wonderful Sky and Cait. But I am celebrating currently (with huzzahs to spare, of course) that yesterday I got 42 PAGEVIEWS. Eek! (don't sneer at me, you big stats bloggers. I stick my tongue out at you sneerers.)

Here is the button:
PAPERFURY
A beautiful button, if I do say so myself.

First of all, I have decided to do the character Lisa Forte, the first-person protagonist of my long-suffering work-in-progress, The Shifters. (Do I still get to italicize it when it's only partially done?) This was hard because she actually needs this, as a super-duper tough character to write.

A bit of background information: Lisa has a twin brother, James, has spent her life on the run from psycho foster parents since orphaned at age 8, is 12, and recently discovered a community of people that can shapeshift into one specific animal, discovered she was one, and went on a quest to save the world. All in a day's work, people.

Well, LET THE GAMES BEGIN! (no, I don't use that phrase too often. Why do you ask?)

1. What first inspired this character? Is there a person/actor you based them off?
Well, ah....I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA. I first created Lisa about a year and a half ago, in an undersized composition notebook, by just starting Chapter 1. I think she just...came to me???
2. Describe their daily routine.
Naturally, she doesn't do this right now because she's busy saving the world (and being tortured by yours truly, HA HA HA.), but at the Shifters, her day would look a bit like this:

1. Sleep in because WHY NOT.
2. Around 8:00, (she sleeps in like me, okay?) she gets up, showers, and gets dressed in the first pair of comfortable jeans she finds and a t-shirt.
3. She wakes up Hero, her best friend and roommate, if Hero's still sleeping and she's feeling naughty, and goes down to the Cafeteria for a delicious breakfast.
4. If she has time to spare before Apprentice Hour, she'll probably either chill or go on a walk/FLYING CONTEST, WHUP WHUP with her brother, James, Hero, and Hero's brother and James's roommate, Hawk. (that is where the competition lies, my friend. they are both extremely competitive. And yes, I'm using incorrect capitalization on purpose. I know: I'm a rebel.)
5. Apprentice Hour with Reyna, the Leader and her mentor.
6. Lunchtime
7. Lisa will now go to Shifter School, which is better than our school but still school.
8. Sword fighting training with Hero for around an hour.
9. The afternoon/evening is free (besides homework)
10. Bedtime is usually around 9 o'clock, but can differ.
3. If they joined your local high school, what clique would they fit into?
Clique? Lisa Forte doesn't do cliques. She does social groups. (Burn!) Uh...the peoples-that-aren't-quite-popular-in-a-normal-high-school-but-are-cool-and-unique-and-seem-to-have-a-magical-secret group? (Hey. At least I tried.)
4. Write a list of things they merely tolerate. Ex: certain people, foods, circumstances in their lives…
Tolerate...hmmm.
Hawk winning anything at all against her, period.
Prophecies.
Twinkies. (I totally didn't make that up just now because I feel that way about them...heh. heh.)
Insults.
Ignorant/stupid peoples.
Insane peoples.
Corpses. (Ha, I'm half joking with that one. :))
And Lisa absolutely hates disloyal people.
5. How do they react in awkward silences?
Probably saying something random and awkward to break the silence.
6. Can they swim? If so, how did they learn?
Yes. She learned as a kid at a local swimming pool.
7. What is one major event that helped shape who they are?
There are so many...Shifting for the first time? The climax of her quest? Going to the Shifters for the first time?
8. What things do they value most in life?
Loyalty.
Friendship.
Trust.
A certain photograph of her family.
9. Do they believe in giving other people second chances? Do they have any trust  issues?
Umm...to the first one, no, even though she knows she probably should. And to the second one, OH YEAH YES.
10.Your character is having a rough day…what things do they do to make them happy again? Is there anyone they talk/interact with to get in a better mood?
Um...swordfighting, but mainly 
a) flying in dragon-mode
and b) flaming.

It gets out the anger.

So, peoples of Earth, what did you think? Do you want to learn more about my story? And most importantly, do you still italicize a title when it's not done? Tell me in the comments!

Comments

  1. Hey, I like your answers! Fun :) I did these too, on my Google+ page. Here's the link if you want to check it out . . .

    https://plus.google.com/100943515487953220312

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (We can’t see it. It’s not public.)
      (At least, I can’t.)

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I wasn't able to see your answers but I'm sure they were wonderful. :)

      Delete
    3. Sorry about that!! I've re-shared it publicly.

      https://plus.google.com/100943515487953220312/posts/NzkQES8bbbW

      Delete
  2. I LOVED IT! *waves from earth* And I think Lisa sounds awesome...particularly the flying-in-dragon-mode-after-having-a-bad-day thing. That sounds glorious. I would do that too. *nods* And I love how you outlined her day like that! THAT WAS AWESOME.
    (Also congrats on the pageviews! *throws confetti over you*)
    And thanks for joining in the linkup! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If I could turn into a dragon, I would probably be on Earth 1% of the time. :)

      Delete
  3. (We can’t see it. It’s not public.)
    (At least, I can’t.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ARGH I don’t get Google comments… sorry about that.
    a) DRAGONS
    b) undersized composition notebooks are wonderful.
    c) Yay for pageviews! Fellow tiny blog here.
    d) sleep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a) What is life without dragons?
      b) I know, right!
      c) THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING. :)
      d) indeed.

      Delete
  5. SHE SHAPE-SHIFTS INTO A DRAGON?!?! Man. All in a day's work, as you say ...

    Definitely italicise your title! Not italisising it because "the book's not done yet" falls into the same category as "I'm an aspiring writer." YOU ARE NOT ASPIRING YOU ARE WRITING AND YOUR TITLE DESERVES ITALICS.

    (Sometimes I wonder if going in Cap Locks mode on the blog of someone I've never met is too much, but then my true self comes ravening out again, uncontrollably.)

    Hero is such a great name. So's Hawk. (So's James for that matter, I love that name.) Do they all shift into different animals?

    ~Emily @ Ink, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! I am in Caps Lock 68% of the time when commenting on other blogs, so...yeah. :)

      Yes, they do all Shift into different animals. Bet you can't guess what Hawk shifts into! he. he he.

      Delete
  6. I usually stick my tongue out at stealing, but I'm going to steal this idea.

    (I suppose it's borrowing without permission, with every intent of linking back. [and, I promise, I will NOT sink your boat {don't ask}])

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're going to do the linkup, you HAVE to check out Paper Fury. (A most hilarious blog.)

      I OFFICIALLY PERMIT YOU...bleh bleh bleh. Bleh.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Types of OTPs

What's in a name?

Beautiful People| Emma/ Hester/ Dandelion