Background Ships That Are Secretly Everything

I'm so sorry. It's been two weeks since I last posted (at least). My excuse is Spring Break. Except that's only one week sooo.....

Anyway.

So, we all know what a 'ship' is, right? Okay. So I ship many peoples, but some peoples I ship aren't really in the limelight. These are the background ships. So, I compiled a list of 10 background ships that I ship, in no particular order. All but two of these are from books, and they're not really spoilers...but if you want to be careful, avoid Numbers 1, 3, and 5. Okay, here we go.

1. Coach Hedge + Mellie the aura (The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan)

Guys. These two...they're just perfect. Coach Hedge is a war-like, a little silly old satyr, and Mellie is a silly, breezy aura. I can't describe it. Read the book.

2. Anita + Bernardo (West Side Story)

These aren't really background, as they're vital to the plot...but they're not the main ship and I love them so much that I get to use them. It's my post, isn't it? Yes. Yes it is. Anyway, I love how Anita and Bernardo argue ("I don't know what's thicker, your skull, or your accent!"), but they really do love each other, and...when ___________ happened, I actually began to cry uncontrollably. (And continued to for the rest of the movie. #toomanyfeels)

3. Prince Maxi + The Littlest Heidi (Magic Flutes by Queen Eva Ibbotson)

So...they're perfect. They're both sweet and a little silly, and...THEY'RE JUST ADORABLE, OKAY??!!! And they like all the same movies and actors. (#logicalproofoflove)

4. Pilly + Sam (The Morning Gift by Eva Ibbotson, the Queen)

To be fair, the only indication of this relationship is a thought of Ruth's mother at the end because she is matchmaking. But still. Sam, the awkward young scientist, and Pilly, the awkward young technically-scientist-but-hates-science-so-currently-army-chauffer-because-the-book-is-set-in-WWII?
It makes more sense in the book but I LOVE IT.

5. Sally Jackson + Paul Blofis (The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan)

For those who have read the books-no words needed.

6. Mary + Dr. John Watson (Sherlock)

First of: Yes, I have read the books. I just...Mary is such a two-dimensional character in those. But in the show, Mary is running all over shooting stuff. And I just love these two. OKAY? OKAY.

7. Blueboy + Esmeralda (State Fair, specifically 1945 version)

Here's to the most devoted award-winning hogs ever. They never speak, but Esmeralda LITERALLY RAISES BLUEBOY OUT OF DEPRESSION. 'Nuff said.

8. Percy Weasley + Penelope Clearwater (The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling)

To be fair, I don't think we actually meet Penelope. But in my mind these two are perfect. So yes, I am right in this. Also, Penelope Clearwater is just a great name.

9. Molly Weasley + Arthur Weasley (Also Harry Potter)

I can't describe this. RALLY WITH ME, HARRY POTTER FANS!!
I know you're out there.

10. Mr. Collins + Mary Bennet ( Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen)

GUYS. They're both...agh. They don't end up together, but they're annoying in basically all the same ways. MARRY, YOU TWO. JUST DO IT.

I challenge all of you to make a list of 10 background ships you love, too! PLEASE! I BEG OF YOU! If you do so, please link to the post in the comments!

Bye!

Comments

  1. oh oh I totally love the in-the-background-ships too!! THEY ARE SO ADORABLE and usually slightly less angsty-drama-ish?! Which is nice. XD The Weasley parents are THE BEST. They truly are adorable and wonderful and like a healthy marriage/parent duo in a series for once. XD

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of putting Mr. Collins and Mary Bennet together. You're absolutely right. I think I might do this post . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY THANK YOU! (I actually got the idea from a movie called "Pride & Prejudice: Love Has Met It's Match that is set in modern times and has basically nothing to do with the book. Anyway, Mr. Collins and Mary end up together in it.)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Visit From St. Nicholas: 2017 Edition

5 Types of OTPs

What's in a name?