Hilarious Me

Hey guys! NaNo update:
So far, the first line of Jessa & Tiff is: "It would probably be the greatest day of my life, except maybe my wedding day, and Ginny Lee had to go and ruin it." It's going well, except for the whole trying-to-figure-out-the-plot-on-day-28-thing, but I'm definitely not making the deadline. Oh, well, I can finish it afterwards.

Anyway, I decided to post about the ridiculous things I did/thought when I was younger. Trust me, you will laugh your socks off. I make no promises about stockings. They are way thicker. 

(Side note, we had our first snow! It happened to fall during recess and immediately melted away, but still.)

1. Firstly, please realize that a lot of these will have something to do with Taylor Swift. I used to be obsessed with her. Anyway,  you know her song "Mean"? I used to think that it said, "Someday, I'll be living in a big white oak tree, and all you're ever gonna be is mean." I was disappointed when I learned the truth. 

2. When I was really small--oh, around three or thereabouts--I convinced myself that babies enter the world via waterslides, in, I kid you not, "little tiny swimsuits." I refused to believe that babies are born without clothing.

3. I think I read too much, because for a whole day I convinced myself that I must like my nemesis (ah, I miss having a nemesis) because we were "probably" going to end up married. Gee, thanks, L.M. Montgomery. (Don't worry--I got over it very quickly.)

4. Louisa May Alcott convinced me that engagements always last three years. 

5. In Kindergarten, I was introduced to Taylor Swift via You Belong With Me and made up a hilarious dance to it. 

6. Also Kindergarten. This wasn't me, but I had a friend who was exceedingly popular, so she had to have specific days that specific people could sit by her. Seriously. 

7. Still Kindergarten. At the end of the day, we had free time and the girls all flocked to this play kitchen. However, there were never enough purses/wallets to go around, so most of us made do with play food. Anyway, I had stuck a toy asparagus in my pocket and accidentally took it home. (Oops. Sorry Mrs. Falader. I stole from your toy asparagus. Deep apologies.) When I got home and realized what I had done, I was extremely upset. Like, I literally freaked out. I returned it and all was well, but it was still horrible. 


So there you go! A few reasons why I was hilarious as a youngster. So what about you? What funny things did you do or think? Tell me in the comments!



Comments

  1. Um, when I was little I used to think that Hosannah was a little girl, and I spent all my time in church wondering why Hosannah was being forced to sing, dance and generally perform like a monkey. 'SING HOSANNAH, SING or you will not get a treat.'

    We have a hill above my town that has radio masts on it, and people were always taking about 'the three masts' on the hill. I misheard them and thought they said 'masks' and in my head this turned into there being a mask shop on top of the hill. I was disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, that's HILARIOUS. Poor Hosannah! :) Sorry about the lack of a mask shop.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Visit From St. Nicholas: 2017 Edition

5 Types of OTPs

What's in a name?