2016 Character Awards| AKA The Raven Cycle and Lunar Chronicles Are Mah Besties

You know what time of year it is?

CHRISTMAS. THAT'S WHAT TIME.

My Christmas resolution is to have gifs on my blog. So far it's going great. :)
And you know what else it is?

The end of the year. Crazy coincidence, huh?

So the fabulous Cait @ Paper Fury improvised a delightful 2016 Character Awards! Which I will present to you! Cue the confetti! Cue the celebration!

Warning: The Raven Cycle and Lunar Chronicles will feature quite prominently in this post. Just so ya know.

1. MOST RELATABLE CHARACTER

*goes and stares at bookshelves*

??????

AH, YES.

The Penderwick Clan.

Okay, so for a while I was extremely and exceedingly upset that I wasn't a Penderwick. I love these girls SO MUCH. (plus I have no sisters, so... #whattheheckisthatlike?) They all have such real aspects. I would say I'm mostly sensible like Rosalind, sarcastic and in love with clean rooms like Skye, a writery dreamer sort of bird like Jane, and...a Batty like Batty. I don't know. I love Batty. 

2. MOST PURE AND PRECIOUS ANIMAL COMPANION


The first thing that came to mind is Puss from K.M. Shea's rendition Puss in Boots. (All the linky linky links!) I admit, I have quite a fondness for sassy talking cats. Hound, also from the Penderwicks, is worthy of mention, for his loving doggyness.

Ooh, and Heloise from I Capture the Castle

3. FIERCEST FIGHTER

 Cinder.
Well...not that kind of Cinder. But who can resist Jack-Jack?

I mean, the lady is just so cool. She'd rather be a revolutionary than a princess, she's an awesomely awesome CYBORG, and, you know, she fights. Fiercely. (This is The Lunar Chronicles, by the way.)

4. MOST AMAZING SIDEKICK


IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO  IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO IKO

Um... Iko.

:)

Iko is the best. Lunar Chronicles, you got me. An android that longs for humanity? Iko is so. Cute. Can't wait for Wires & Nerves!

5. ONE YOU’RE SURPRISED YOU LOVED

To get the Lunar Chronicles one out of the way, THORNE. He started as an unimportant, bigheaded jerk, and he ended as LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, INTRODUCING CAPTAIN! CARSWELL! THORNEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

*thunderous applause*

And then...you knew it was coming...

Celeste Newsome, from The Selection.

*quiet sobbing*

Okay, I'm not going to write much here, because SPOILERS. But just know...AHHH I'M DYING.

Thank you for your patience. :)

6. BEST SASSMASTER

Hands down, George from Lockwood & Co. I've so far enjoyed this series immensely, which is sort of surprising because I'm not a fan of creepy. But really, it's not that bad. Maybe just ancient brutal murder doesn't bother me? Anyway, GEORGE.

"There was a profound silence, abruptly broken by an enormously loud rumble from George's stomach. Plaster didn't actually fall from the ceiling, but it was close.
'Sorry,' he said cheerfully. 'Famished. I think I'll have another doughnut, if you don't mind. Any takers?" 

7. BEST ANTI-HERO AND MORALLY GREY GRAPE

You're a mean one, Mr. Gray.

Raven Cycle!

Mr. Gray is the best. I mean, sure, he's an ex-hit man, but this series is proof that even hit men just need a little love.

8. BEST WORST VILLAIN TO HATE

IDK. Let's go with...lsdkfjsdF:J I don't know. I can't think of anyone, so *skippy skippy skip*

Who says I need to follow the rules, hmm?

9. TRULY ASTOUNDING WORST YA PARENTS 

    Back to Lunar Chronicles, ADRI. Seriously, you idiot.

    Raven Cycle: I must agree with Cait about Adam's parents.

    Adam's Dad: Punch all the Adam.
    Adam's Mom: Keep all the quiet.
    Ronan: Punch all the idiots. Merry Christmas.



      10. TRULY ASTOUNDING BEST YA PARENTS


      SALLY! JACKSON!  She's the sweetest and kindest and BLUE COOKIES.

      Raven Cycle: Maura.

      Maura, Maura, Maura. 

      “Are you really going to work in that?" Maura asked.

      Blue looked at her clothing. It involved a few thin layering shirts, including one she had altered using a method called shredding. "What's wrong with it?"
      Maura shrugged. "Nothing. I always wanted an eccentric daughter. I just never realised how well my evil plans were working.”

      11. TOOT TOOT BEST SHIP OF THEM ALL

      BLUESY. BLUESY. BLUESY.

      PERCABETH. PERCABETH. PERCABETH.

      LUCEWOOD. LUCEWOOD. LUCEWOOD.

      MAXERICA. MAXERICA. MAXERICA.

      CINDER AND KAI I DON'T KNOW THEIR COUPLE NAME. CINDER AND KAI I DON'T KNOW THEIR COUPLE NAME. CINDER AND KAI I DON'T KNOW THEIR COUPLE NAME.

      ooh, plus whatever Ginny + Harry is.

      12. THE MOST IN NEED OF PROTECTION

      Um um um um um um um...

      WOLF. (Lunar Chronicles again, folks.)

      Because. 

      13. MOST BORING AS A BARNACLE

      Cassia Reyes, star of Matched, wins the blandness award. Sure, she was brainwashed by the Society, but the whole story was just so meh. #sorrynotsorry


      14. BEST LITTLE ROYAL

      How about...Gansey? No? BUT BUT BUT--TECHNICALITIES.

      Or, you know, Cinder. Again.

      OH OH OH OH! Prince Maxon. <3

      15. VERY SURPRISED YOU’RE STILL ALIVE

      Mrs. Hudson from The House at Baker Street. Because she's a little old lady investigating brutal murder. (which, you know, is the best. :) )

      16. BEST AT HORRIBLE DECISION MAKING

      First of all, Lorelei Gilmore.

      Second of all, ROSE MORTMAIN MY GOODNESS. (I Capture the Castle) She needs to fix something in her life.

      Oh, and Katy from Katy! I could not finish that book. There were too many humiliations, and I cannot do humiliations. I just cannot.

      17. CUTEST DORK


      Gansey. Gansey. Gansey.

      Oh, and I have to agree w/Cait on Magnus Chase.

      Oh! Oh! Kile from the Selection series.

      18. CLEVEREST LITTLE HELLION

      "Geniuses, lower your voice..."

      Shh, Hamilton side of Ilse. It's naptime.

      Lockwood! (Lockwood & Co.) I mean, he does have like, 86.12 plans, soo...

      19. MOST IN NEED OF A NAP

      Once again, I agree with Cait, because GANSEY. Srsly. (Why do I keep being agreeable? I think I need to start a fictional war or something to combat this...)

      20. WANT TO READ MORE ABOUT YOU

      Blue and Gansey Blue and Gansey Blue and Gansey Blue and Gansey


      Guys! You did it! You survived my mammoth posting! Here's a cookie. Be sure to link me to any end of the year/holiday posts/tags you guys have! Thanks!

      Comments

      1. So, I've been thinking about reading The Lunar Chronicles, but I don't know if it's good. Would you recommend that series?

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Hmm... I believe you're joking. Uh, YES. :)

          Delete
      2. "CINDER AND KAI I DONT KNOW THEIR SHIP NAME"
        XD that is hilarious to me!
        Great post Ilse :)

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Ha ha, thank you! Have you read the Lunar Chronicles?

          Delete
        2. Nope, but I want to. Two of my friends here suggested it to me as well as you. (Also, I like your quote-of-the-month!)

          Delete
        3. Well, then, get to it! :) Thank you! It's probably my all-time favorite quote.

          Delete

      Post a Comment

      Popular posts from this blog

      5 Types of OTPs

      What's in a name?

      Beautiful People| Emma/ Hester/ Dandelion