AZ Book Tag//Can You Tell I'm a Potterhead?

Hello, hello! Today I'm doing the AZ Book Tag, which I stole borrowed politely from Meredith @ On Stories and Words, who also loves the Penderwicks! YAY!



Author You've Read The Most From
Hmm.... L.M. Montgomery, since I've read... I think at least 13 of her books. Or probably Lemony Snicket/Pseudonymous Bosch, because between the two pen names I've read 16.

UPDATE: I realized that I've actually read at least 18 L.M. Montgomerys, so it's her. :)

Best Sequel Ever 
Let me think about this. Probably I'd say Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Oh! Or The Dream Thieves. Or Anne of Avonlea. Or...

Currently Reading
I'm re-reading Pride and Prejudice and I'm reading Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Mass.

Drink of Choice While Reading
I don't usually drink while I read, though sometimes I eat. But hot chocolate is always amazing, so I'll go with that.

E-reader or Physical Book?
I like holding a book in my hands, though I do admire the accessibility and convenience of e-readers.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Dated In High School
Harry Potter. :)

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance
Definitely The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, which I only read because Cait told me to.

Hidden Gem Book
Maybe Peter and the Starcatchers? But has everybody read that?! *internal crises*

Important Moment In Your Reading Life
Hmm... I don't really remember my early reading life because I've been reading since age 3. (I know it's absurdly early! Don't feel bad if you learned at age 7! I'm just a weirdo!) But I do think one important step was when I bought The House at Baker Street, because that was the first book I really bought for myself...and, of course, when I started checking out books from the YA section of the library.

Just Finished
I just finished reading Condoleeza Rice: My Extraordinary, Ordinary Family and Me. It was really good! Not for everybody, but really good.

Kind of Book You Won't Read
Well, I don't like thrillers and horror. *shudders*

Longest Book You've Read
I'd like to say something impressive like Anna Karenina or War and Peace or Les Mis, but unfortunately, it seems to be Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix.

Major book hangover because of...
The Penderwicks in Spring! I seriously wanted to be a Penderwick. No joke. I wanted so badly to be a Penderwick.

Number of Bookcases You Own
Well, they're technically not mine, but they're in my room, so *runs up to my room to go check and also grab a hoodie because I'm cold* two.

One book you have read multiple times
Heh...heh...
The book I've read the most is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry is popular this post, isn't he?), which I've read 11 times. The rest of the series I've just finished reading for the 10th time. (Yes, I know I have a problem.)

Preferred place to read
I like reading in the corner of my couch, or this brown armchair we have.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you've read
"Broken isn't the same as unfixable." -Iko/Marissa Meyer, from Winter 

Reading regret
Well...this isn't technically a reading regret, but in second grade I traded in Caddie Woodlawn at a book swap. I hadn't read it at the time, so I didn't know what I was missing. :)

Series you started and need to finish(all books are out in series)
I need to finish the Tuesdays in the Castle series. I've only read up to Wednesdays.

Three of your all-time favorite books
1. I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
2. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling, because it feels like coming home.

Unapologetic fangirl for...
Maybe you couldn't tell, but HARRY POTTER.

Very excited for this release more than all the others
The fifth Penderwick book! Which I just found out about!

Worst bookish habit
Reading library books while eating.... sorry.

marks the spot: start at the top of your shelf and pick the 27th book
So... my shelves are two or three rows deep, so do I start at the back? *shrugs* The Princess Tales, Volume 2, by Gail Carson Levine, because my top left shelf is where I keep my nostalgia.

Your latest book purchase
That would be A Brief History of Montmaray. I recommend.

ZZZ-snatcher (last book that kept you up WAY late)
Probably A Brief History of Montmaray again. I read it on vacation and stayed up until 10 or 11 reading.

So that's it! If you want the tag, take it! What have you guys been reading? Did you ever want to be a Penderwick? Tell me in the comments!

Comments

  1. Nice post! If i have time, I might do this tag... I haven't read much of anything recently, though. And I already knew you were a Potterhead, but if i hadn't, this would have clued me in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bekah! (Random fun fact: Did you know that in the Bible, a bekah is half a shekel? :) ) I know what you mean--sometimes I go a little while without reading much. How would you have found out? I thought it was such a big secret! :D

      Delete
  2. Yay for the Penderwicks! :D

    L. M. MONTGOMERY YES. I love her books. <3

    Re-reading P&P is so fun. :) I enjoyed it immensely better the second time.

    I have read Peter and the Starcatchers, but I don't know, it could be considered a "hidden" gem...

    My family is cool too, but I wouldn't mind being a Penderwick. ;)

    I love Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. It's so nostalgic and happy and lighter than the rest of the series(not that the rest of the series is bad at all, but it's nice to have the cheerier feel).

    You gave Caddie Woodlawn away? *shakes head* Saaad. ;) But, I don't know, I really liked it, but it may not be everyone's cup of tea...

    Oh yeah, I have been known to practice that unfortunate habit myself... It doesn't always end well. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I liked round 2 better too...
      I actually love Caddie Woodlawn, but as a second grader I thought it looked boring and I needed a book to trade in to get the next Kathryn Lasky wolf book.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Types of OTPs

What's in a name?

Beautiful People| Emma/ Hester/ Dandelion